SPECIAL OFFER: A special offer is available for six or more of any of the 'This is Daniel Cook' or 'This is Emily Yeung' Series titles. .
"Excellent...will appeal to young audiences to be used in any elementary classroom, media center, or public library." Educational Media Reviews Online
THIS IS EMILY YEUNG is the follow-up to the award winning hit series, This is Daniel Cook. In this new 13-part series, six-year-old Emily takes on the world with her own unique perspective. She's joined on her adventures by everyone from snake handlers to professional basketball players; from stuffed animal makers to pineapple upside-down cake bakers. Whoever her guest may be, inquisitive Emily is always up for a new experience or challenge.
Each segment is six minutes long and they have been aggregated thematically into 13 half-hour episodes, each with 5 separate segments.
There is a companion interactive website to enhance and further the Emily Yeung experience.
The 13 episodes in the series are:
1. Getting Creative, Part I Emily makes a variety of crafts including origami art, a clay sculpture, and a collage.
2. Getting Creative, Part II In this episode Emily makes her own stuffed animal, builds a sand sculpture, and more.
3. All Sorts of Animals Emily learns about snakes and camels, takes care of some kittens, and even swims with dolphins!
4. Great Canadian Wonders Emily visits Quebec City, an amusement park, an ice hotel and a hot spring, and explores the Rocky Mountains.
5. Fit and Fun Emily tries out a number of physical activities including basketball, soccer, skiing and snowboarding.
6. Great Times in All Kinds of Weather Emily shows us all sorts of activities to keep busy in good or bad weather.
7. Creatures, Creations, Conservation In this episode Emily explores a forest, learns about worms, tries some science experiments, and plants a tree.
8. A Few of My Favorite Things Emily builds a treehouse, learns about rabbits and fireworks, plays dress-up, and goes ice fishing.
9. A Day in My Life Emily learns about different jobs including being a paramedic, a post office worker and an astronaut!
10. Let's Get Cookin' Emily tries her hand at making a variety of delicious foods in the kitchen.
11. Sharing Multicultural Traditions Emily learns karate, makes sushi and bubble tea, learns an African dance, and makes a medicine wheel.
12. At the Farm Emily rides a tractor, tends to the horses, learns about chickens, becomes a cowgirl, and makes fresh cheese.
13. Putting on a Show Emily puts on a puppet show, makes a mask, practices ballet dancing, and meets both Cirque du Soleil and the Blue Man Group.
14. Holiday Special Emily celebrates Christmas and learns about other holidays that people celebrate.
Grade Level: Pre-K-2
US Release Date: 2007
Copyright Date: 2006
DVD ISBN: 1-59458-708-6
VHS ISBN: 1-59458-707-8
"Emily is chockablock full of wonder with an appealing curiosity that will prompt children to ask interesting questions about their own world. Emily's voice, intonation and facial expressions sparkle with a natural energy. Parents, caregivers, teachers and early childhood education students will also find they have much to learn from Emily and the adults she meets throughout her escapades. The adults listen carefully to Emily and gently guide her, never hampering her inquisitiveness. Instead, they support her development of new knowledge using what she has already learned about the world. Rich with vocabulary and brimming with interesting experiences, each episode is worth a repeat visit!"
Dr. Mary Jane Eisenhauer, Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Education, Purdue University North Central